None of us are perfect but we can all use some reminders about how to become a more positive person. It can be hard to maintain your center and to be your best self in a chaotic world where negative things keep occurring, Here are some tips that can sometimes help you maintain your energy and positive focus. Try them and let me know if they work for you.
1. Think about What You are Grateful For: The energy of gratitude is very powerful. It makes you feel good about your life and yourself and shifts your energy to a high vibrational state that is positive. It is hard to feel grateful and angry at the same time.
- Get in touch with a Never Ending Source of Unconditional Love: You don’t have to be religious to believe in a never ending source of love. Maybe it’s from God or Divine Mother or maybe it’s from your guardian angel or your Higher Self. Regardless, spending time in this energy field by praying or meditating will bring you back to your Source, love. It will remind you that all these other distractions are temporary and are here to help us learn. It will connect you to the bigger picture.
- Speak kindly to yourself and learn to challenge your fears: We speak to ourselves 24/7 so we should notice whether we are filling our hearts and minds with negative or positive energy and make sure it’s the latter. You can begin to challenge your fears before they take up permanent residence in your psyche. Learn to find the exceptions to limiting beliefs that make you unhappy and that limit your progress in life.
- Record your Successes instead of focusing on what you lack: Most people catalogue the things they haven’t done or focus on the things that are wrong with them on a daily basis. Take a notebook and jot down at least three of your successes instead each day. This will make you feel positive and happy instead of agitated.
- Learn to Let Go of Negativity– There is negativity in the news and most of us have negative people or situations occur on a daily basis. Learn to let that energy slide off you. You can ask to let it go out of your heart and energetic field and to move on to the next moment. If there is nothing you can do to change it than don’t waste a lot of energy lamenting it over time.
- Pay Attention to Your Point of Attraction or Focus– The Law of Attraction states that we attract what we focus on, whether it is positive or negative. You can ask yourself what you are focused on at any moment in time and clarify whether that is what you wish to attract. If not, focus on something that will make you feel more positive.
- Learn new ways to raise your vibration– Most of us have activities or things that make us feel more positive. It may be being in nature, dancing, certain music, foods, memories, people etcetera. Know what works for you and do those things to raise your vibration when you are not feeling positive and want to make an energetic shift.
- Learn not to take things personally and how not to absorb energy from external people and situations– Often times we let others bring down our energy by what they say and do. Energy is contagious but you can master your energy by protecting your boundaries and making an internal decision not to lower yours. Do not take other people’s actions and choices personally. You can make your own choices and that is personal power.
- Laugh and play regularly: It will make you feel more positive to lighten up and play and laugh. Try it!
- Ask, ‘What would love do?’: When you feel negative, apathetic or lost, you can ask yourself, ‘What would love do?’ Maybe you can pull up your favorite role model like Gandhi or Mother Teresa and ask their advice in your mind. This may give you a more expansive and positive state of consciousness and can help you to learn lessons from the situation at hand.
The whole premise of taking sacred baths is to raise your vibration so you are bathing in love and can share it. Try these 10 tools, plus taking a weekly sacred bath and you will probably feel happier before you know it!
My Best in Love and Bathing,
Author of, The Book of Sacred Baths, published by Llewellyn Worldwide,
available on Amazon.